The AFSA Bursary Donation fund helped three Alberta Freestyle athletes to join and train on the Alberta Team this year. With your generous donation, the bursaries support mogul, half pipe and slope style athletes who otherwise could not afford to pursue their dreams on the Alberta Team or attend high end camps. We have known this sport since the early days; we’ve seen, close-up, the difference it can make in the lives of young people. With freestyle skiing now fully accepted as an Olympic sport, it’s the perfect time to strongly commit to athlete development.
As we’re all aware by now, it’s an expensive sport. I hope that through this bursary, we can help ensure that money won’t stand in the way of our selected promising young athletes.
The fund is set up as follows:
- Provide donated funds as a bursary to help deserving athletes offset the high costs of pursuing athletic excellence on the Alberta Freestyle Ski Teams.
- Provide a minimum of $2500 to at least two selected AFSA athletes each year.
- A minimum of 3 members including the AFSA Executive Director and a representative of the major donors.
Criteria for selection:
- The AFSA Bursary committee will decide the size and recipients of the annual bursaries on May 30 th. Decisions will be based on the available funds, the submitted requests and references provided to the committee.
- Donations will be made directly to ASRPWF Donation Fund with AFSA as the designation group. Tax receipts will be given (for a min. $ 250.00 ) to the donor by Alberta Sport (via Colleen Dec, manager of Donation Fund ASRPWF), and funds transferred through AFSA